Volunteer for our helpdesk team as an Advisor
Volunteer for our charity, remotely from home, helping disabled people, people with long term health conditions, carers and friends. Our award winning charity supports people across Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Luton and Oxfordshire.
Volunteering for our helpdesk means you’ll gain valuable work experience and many transferable skills.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer at The Disability Resource Centre:
- Boost your CV with work experience, skills and a reference from an award winning charity
- Give back to your local community
- Learn practical skills
- Develop IT skills
- Gain knowledge of a charitable organisation
- Gain knowledge of support organisations in the community
- Meet new people in a friendly supportive environment
- All expenses paid
- Access to skills training
- Talking to clients on the via telephone, email, web chat and face to face
- Assessing client’s advice needs
- Recording information about clients and their needs on the database
- Following up with clients to ensure they found the help they needed
- Finding the best organisation to help the client if their issue falls outside of the scope of The Disability Resource Centre
- Good information and communication technology (ICT) skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
If you are interested in this role please contact our Quality and Business Development Manager who will be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you to get started as a new volunteer.
Telephone: 01582 470900
Remote volunteering and work placements
If you would like to volunteer remotely to help our charity team or as part of a work placement then we would love to hear from you. Our volunteers gain valuable experience and really enjoy helping out in many different departments including marketing, helpdesk, admin, social media and research.
We are proud to be a part of the Disability Confident scheme.
Please let us know if you would like to apply through an alternative method and tell us about any adjustments or considerations for interviews.