A Blue Badge for disabled parking
If you feel the person you are caring for could benefit from a Blue Badge to help with disabled parking they can apply (or you can apply for them as their carer) via their local authority’s website.
Who is entitled to a blue badge?
You may be able to get a badge if:
- You have a disability which means you are not able to walk
- You have a disability and have a great difficulty walking from your car to where you want to go
- You have a disability which means that you are likely to come to harm when you are walking
- You have a disability and you are likely to harm someone when you are walking
- Some people are automatically entitled to a blue badges
The Blue Badge scheme is run by your local council. You should contact your local council if you want to apply for a badge.
You will have to:
- Fill in a form
- Give them a passport size photo of yourself
- Give them some proof that you are disabled
- Give them some ID – like your passport or driving licence
- You may have to pay some money
Sally and Levi from our Carers Central team are here to help
Please contact us if you would like to speak to Sally and Levi from our carer support team, for free and confidential assistance with everything about getting a blue badge for parking. We can help you to set-up an appointment to help you to fill-in the blue badge form.
We help unpaid carers with advice and support on many topics including helping you to set-up a Carer’s Assessment and checking you are claiming the right benefits.