Luton Law Centre – Legal Help for Carers
Luton Law Centre is a not-for-profit legal practice that gives professional, confidential legal advice and assistance.
Luton Law Centre employs qualified lawyers and caseworkers who provide a full legal service. They specialise in social welfare law, including:
- Community Care
- Immigration and Asylum
- Welfare Benefits
Working with the Carer Support Officers, Luton Law Centre will provide short sessions for groups of Carers, to give information and guidance on rights and entitlements.
The Carer Support Workers will consult with Carers to establish what they will find most useful, and sessions will be run in places and at times that Carers can most easily attend.
Contact Gillie Sharp on the Luton Law Centre advice line on 01582 481 000 or email GSharp@lutonlawcentre.org.uk
The Disability Resource Centre – Employment Help for Carers
If you are looking for work, a course, or to progress to work, The Disability Resource Centre’s department of Health, Learning and Work will provide information, advice and guidance to help with:
- Finding work
- CV writing
- Application forms
- Interview techniques
- Skills checks
- On line applications
- Advice on learning
Supporting you in reviewing and identifying your skills and abilities can motivate you to identify new goals and implement your plan of action.
Support can be accessed through one to one support or group workshops.
All support from each service is strictly confidential.
Please contact Tracy Plunkett on 01582 470900 or email email@example.com
Luton http://mightyjungle.com.au/cialis-tadalafil-online/ Carers https://www.glenerinpharmacy.com/buy-cipro-online/ Network
Luton Carers Network is a network of voluntary organisations that link together to provide information, advice and support to Carers across the town. The organisations include:
- Active Luton
- Luton Carers Partnership Board
- The Disability Resource Centre
- Luton Asian Carers Support Services
- Mind BLMK
- Luton African Caribbean Carers Group
- YAWN Life
You can find out more information by reading the Luton Carers Network brochure.
Luton Carers Partnership Board
The Carers Partnership Board was set up to ensure that carers are able to access the support and services they need.
The purpose of the board is to:
- Enable discussion, consultation and networking with carers and organisations that represent carers, in the development of strategies and new services for carers and adults that they care for;
- To keep carers, and organisations that work with carers, informed of changes of policy and local developments which are likely to impact upon carers;
- To monitor the effectiveness and quality of services provided to carers and to ensure that agreed services are forthcoming
Membership of the board is open to carers and to people who have a role in creating services for carers in Luton. Members include:
- The Head of Adult Social Care at Luton Borough Council
- The Head of Adult Joint Commissioning for Luton Clinical Commissioning Group and Luton Borough Council
- Organisations in Luton which provide information, advice and support to carers
- Health Watch – an independent organisation bringing together people’s views and experiences to improve health and social care
The group is accountable to the Luton Healthier and More Independent Adults Sub Group of the Health and Wellbeing Board.
If you would like to come along to a meeting, please contact the carers’ development officer by calling 01582 547541 or emailing CarersDevelopment@luton.gov.uk
How can I get involved?
Please follow this link to the Luton Borough Council website
Member of Disability Rights UK
The Confident Carer Service has been funded by Luton Borough Council and London Luton Airport Limited and is delivered by our Confident Carer Support Officers with support from our partners – Luton Carers Network and the Luton Law Centre.